Friday 9 December 2022

the Infographic Bible

This book, compiled by Karen Sawrey - is, as it says on the tin, a series of exquisitely-executed infographics detailing various themes and components of the Bible and its contained stories. I've got this as a present for my brother-in-law for Christmas, and as regular readers will know I always like to test-read such things to make sure they're not rubbish... this definitely isn't.

   The infographics themselves are graphically sublime, well-ordered, legible, comprehensible and comprehensive both. The content going into the infographics is some of what you might expect and a lot of what you wouldn't have ever thought about. The net result is that you learn visually a lot more about the Bible story in a much denser package than you ever could with several months spent over a study-version of the ESV and its Hebrew translation.

   I'm pretty sure my bro-in-law doesn't even know I run this blog so I'm safe; anyhow I'm quite confident he'll like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment