Monday, 27 July 2026

Leviathan

This book is a Warhammer 40k novel by Darius Hinks, and it's basically about the Ultramarines & the Cadia 401st defending the fortress-world Regium against a tyranid hive fleet invasion, and while on a superficial grimdark level that's exciting, I didn't feel it was particularly interesting to read about. Aesthetically I'm a big fan of tyranids - they were one of my armies back in my teenage days when I was still involved in the tabletop hobby rather than mere lore-reading - but lorewise I think their motivational simplicity makes them rather dull to tell stories about, unless you're an incredibly imaginative & skilled writer, which (sorry) I don't think Hinks is. If you're a tyranid mega-fan you might get a kick out of it, but if you're more into 40k for the complex lore then this book has very little to offer you, and if you simply enjoy good sci-fi you can certainly easily do better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment