Thursday 27 August 2020

Ozma of Oz

This book, adapted from the original Frank L. Baum for Marvel Comics by Eric Shanower and Shottie Young, is a marvellously-illustrated romp through the magical land of Ev, where, to give a taste without giving too much away, Dorothy Young of Kansas inexplicably finds herself once again embroiled in a zany adventure - this time teaming up with clockwork men and a sassy hen called Bill to take on the Nome King and restore order to the topsy-turvy kingdom's inhabitants. I've never read the originals nor even seen the movie "The Wizard of Oz" but I really enjoyed this graphic novel and it's made me excited to explore the rest of the series - this is book three of that, and Marvel have done all three, so I'm on the lookout in Oxfam next time (was where I got this one) for the prior two instalments of these actually magical bizarre adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment